Wednesday 23 May 2012

Finally some pictures!


Hi All!

I'm giving uploading some pictures a shot. This first one is of a very large, very overgrown shrub (one of three actually) that is presently blooming its heart out at Reilly Cemetery, Rupert, QC. It looks like a snowball bush to me but if anyone has a different identification, please let me know!


This next shot is of the view out the front entrance, overlooking the lake. It was such a lovely day today! The third shot is of Solomon's seal in bloom. It only occurs in two places in RC (so far, I'm not done yet!), it is indigenous to North America and according to Wiki it was valued for medicinal purposes.

So today I, with the help of a friend, mapped the south east section of the graveyard-- no big finds but you can't have big finds every day or finding things would become far less exciting. Ok, I found a grouse nest, but that's not relevant, even if it was cool. No pics on that as I wanted to finish the square as quickly as possible so Mrs Grouse could get back to her five eggs. I've pulled back the string and removed the stakes from the finished area in anticipation of a clearance day (don't want people tripping over strings OR ripping out my stakes accidentally). It looks like there are some new perennials coming up in the centre area, I will have to watch to see what they are for certain and add them to my list. Busy day, nice day, effective day, and that coffee I grabbed in Wakefield on the way home tasted amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment